We’ll start our trip off by exploring Hakuba Valley. This region is home to 11 ski areas and we’re aiming to ride 4 of them. Our 4 riding days in Hakuba will be focused on developing your skills to get the most out of Japanese snowboarding. Hakuba is host to the World Freeride Tour, some of Japan’s most progressive terrain parks, and celebrates a region-specific type of carving that is unique and really fun. In Hakuba you will also get a chance to try out some gear specific to the country; powder boards, carving boards, and freestyle samurai shred vessels that compliment Japan’s conditions and style of riding.
From Hakuba we will move to Shiga Kogen, this region is known for very deep snow and is more off the western radar. Here we will be staying in a central village just steps away from the slopes. Shiga Kogen is the largest interconnected resort system in Japan and like the Alps in Europe, you can spend days exploring without ever stepping foot into a car. Our 4 riding days in Shiga will be focused on exploration, recognizing and achieving personal goals, and of course riding some of the best snow and terrain on the planet!
We’ll finish off the trip with a big night celebration in Tokyo, where we’ll visit the “Golden God”, eat some exciting food, and maybe even make some friends over some karaoke.
This session is open to intermediate to expert snowboarders, skiing is also an option however coaching may be limited. If you can confidently make smooth turns on a blue groomed run and you’re wanting to learn new skills to get off the groomed and on to some more challenging terrain, we have a group for you. If you’re an expert and you’re hoping to ride the most extreme lines in Japan, nail some tricks, and push your personal best, we also have a group for you. This session is limited to 8 participants. This session has a minimum participation of 4 persons to operate, if minimum participation is not met within 30 days of travel you will receive a full refund, or you can elect to convert your reservation to a private or semi private session.
Book 4 or more persons on the same reservation and receive a 5% discount.
- Transportation From the Start, We pick you up at Tokyo Narita Airport and drop you off at Tokyo Narita Airport.
- Lodging, 9 nights of lodging, in Hotel or Japanese Style accommodation. Rooms are shared. Some on site amenities; such as onsen, restaurants, and bar will be available. (If you’re traveling with a friend you can request to share a room, if you prefer a private room you can upgrade for a fee)
- Coaching, 8 full days of professional coaching in a group setting by a level 3 certified coach with more than 10 years’ experience. We keep our groups small (maximum 1 coach per 4 campers) this means small groups and more personalized instruction.
- Pre Session Prep Meeting and Goal Setting Session, 1 on 1 with JTB via zoom.
- Lift Tickets at all locations. If you have an Epic Pass, you may use it for tickets in Hakuba Valley and receive a $200 refund.
- All Breakfast, Breakfast will be offered at our accommodation daily.
- All Dinners,Group dinners will be hosted daily.
- Demo Gear in Hakuba, Japanese gear is like a samurai sword, built for perfection.
- Video review and goal setting
- Edited photos and video
- Scheduled Off hill activities, and night riding opportunities
- Session gift bag
- Certificate of completion
- International Flight
- Lunch on the mountain
- Adult Beverages, although some beverages may be supplied in general, you’ll buy your own beers.
- Medical care, we’ll do our best to get you whatever help you need but you’ll be on your own to settle the bill.
- Snowboard gear, you’ll need to bring your own setup, there are stores and rental shops but snowboard gear is exceptionally expensive in Japan so we highly recommend you bring your own.
- Travel Insurance, a policy that covers you in case of an injury snowboarding or skiing is mandatory. We highly suggest a “World Nomads Explorer Policy”.
- Transportation outside of scheduled itinerary, If you require any ground transportation outside of the scheduled itinerary, any costs incurred will be your responsibility; however, we can aid in securing transportation and we will do everything in our power to ensure your safe travel
Day 1, Friday, Arrival Day
Meet one of our team at the airport by 5pm, then travel to our Hotel in Shinjuku for a great dinner and a good night’s rest.
Day 2, Saturday, Travel to Hakuba, Gear Up, Night Shred
Take the early direct train to Hakuba, check into our lodge, check out some Demo gear, and hit the slopes of Goryu for an evening shred adventure under the lights.
Day 3, Sunday, Ride Happo One (Oh-ne)
This massive resort is a Freeride World Tour Stop. Here we’ll develop skills in the steeps, check out some trees, and push our style in the Happo Banks transition park. After a full day on the mountain, we’ll hit the Happo Village for some après fun. Then we’re back to our lodge for dinner and soak in our on sight onsen.
Day 4, Monday, Ride Tsugaike or 47/Goryu or Iwatake
We’ll chase the best conditions of the day, each of these resorts host great parks, long groomers, and an abundance of off piste opportunities. In the evening we’ll host a tuning workshop, where we’ll teach you how to properly wax and restore your own equipment.
Day 5, Tuesday, Ride Cortina
This small yet mighty resort hosts the best snow in Hakuba, and is top 10 for some of the best tree riding on the planet. We’ll also take advantage of Cortina’s in house onsen that looks out onto the slopes for a restorative experience. Afterwards we’ll go to out for some fine dining Japanese Style and celebrate our final day in the Alps.
Day 6, Wednesday, travel to Shiga
We’re off to Shiga Kogen, Japan’s largest and highest ski destination. After a mornings drive we’ll check into our hotel, and check out for a half day exploration, in this interconnected wonderland of villages, lifts, shops, etc.
Day 7 and 8, Thursday – Friday, Explore the various sides of Shiga
We’ll dash the hidden glade from the bubble lift, take a ride in a golden egg, hug a snow monster, and make it look good on the Olympic downhill. no driving required all fueled by great food.
Day 9, Saturday, Ride Shiga half day,
Nail the trick, ride that run again, get the final Shot for the Gram (this was our best day in 2020), Transfer to Shinjuku to meet the Golden Guy for a celebration Tokyo style.
Day 10, Sunday, Departure Day
Hit up don quijote for any last souvenirs, then off to the airport with tired legs, great memories, and new friends.