This expert freeride workshop is focused on getting you out of your comfort zone, and pushing your riding in a variety of directions to achieve a new personal best.
Using a team based approach, we’ll explore terrain and outcomes that challenge your athleticism, your knowledge, and your individual skill set; then together we’ll develop tactics to raise the bar. This workshop isn’t about one environment but rather ALL OF THEM, elevating our access to the whole mountain by elevating ourselves as riders.
This workshop is designed for the advanced to expert snowboarder who can confidently all black terrain. This workshop has a minimum participation of 4 persons to operate, if minimum participation is not met within 14 days of the start date you will receive a full refund.
Register 4 or more people on the same reservation and receive a 5% discount!
- Coaching- 2 full days on snow coaching (9am-4pm) in small groups (4 participants to 1 coach)
- Off-Snow Video Analysis assessment with tips for progression
- A branded gift to make your friends jealous
- Parking Lot BBQ weather permitting
- Lift Tickets (discounted lift tickets will be available)
- Rentals (snowboard rentals will be available on site for a fee, there is also a snowboard shop in the village)
- Transportation (We highly recommend carpooling if possible)
- Meals (We may spend the whole day on snow, plan on brining a backpack with snacks and water)
We’ll spend a few runs in the morning together as a large group, warming up, addressing any necessary equipment changes, and aligning our personal goals with the conditions of the day. Then we’ll split into small groups and focus on a single environment (example: euro carving, flow park, rock drops, etc.) we’ll start on familiar slopes so we can focus on pushing our board and body limits, then we’ll take what we have discovered to the mountain at large applying new skills to a variety of terrain based scenarios. After riding we’ll get together for a group video analysis session in the village.
We’ll start the day off in our small groups, warming up and revisiting the previous day’s lessons. We’ll then realign our focus to “great experiences” taking advantage of the best opportunities available for measurable progression (example: drop Key Hole, hike the Palisades, hit the gold coast jump line, etc.) upping the challenge from the previous day blending powerful movements with dynamic terrain and outcomes. We’ll finish off our final runs as a large group, sharing the STOKE!